Tuesday, April 16, 2013

A new beginning

Life is finally returning to normal. I've spent the past 3 years in school and most recently the past year learning the ropes as a new Nurse Practitioner. It's been hard, rewarding, time consuming ansd enlightening.  But I am finally coming out of the fog and am able to find time to quilt again!

Quilting...oh how I have missed you. I love the immediate gratification of finishing a block, the feel of the fabrics, the play of the colors. So many  choices in design and fabric. I sometimes have trouble focusing on a single project because I am anxious to begin the next one.
Now I finally have mo' time for quilting. I have lots of projects to complete. Let's get started...
Here's my lastest project. A wedding quilt for my lovely daughter, Emily and her fabulous new husband, Kyle. The pattern is Surf Song by Eileen Wright. Easy to follow instructions and fun to make.
The quilt was the largest I ever completed, 98 X 96. Emily and Kyle eloped to Maui and are getting married 4/17/13. I wanted a quilt that looked like a wave to remind them of their trip to Hawaii.  I still have to work on the quilt label for the back. Any ideas??

No comments:

Post a Comment