Thursday, April 25, 2013

Lil' Twister table toppers

Emily and Kyle are home from Maui! They had a dream elopement and honeymoon in Hawaii. Emily and Kyle's Maui photos. I absolutely loved her dress. The dress was made by Saja. They have a whole line of beautiful, elegant, simple wedding dresses.

Now we start planning for a party/reception to be held at our Lake house July 6th. So I have been busy piecing red and blue table toppers.

I ordered the Lil twister tool from one of my favorite online quilt shops...The Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I am a big fan of the Quilters Daily deals, customer service, a huge fabric selection and amazing free tutorials. Plus they have super fast and economical shipping. Heres a link to their shop Missouri Star Quilt Company.  I watched one of the fab tutorials on how to use this clever device and started in. I used different values of blue fabric for my first attempt...wasn't happy with the outcome. Not enough contrast, too many of my pinwheels blend.


Back to the drawing board. This time I tried rows of red, white and blue.
Here's the charms before I added the border and used the Lil' Twister to cut my pinwheels...

This is another easy, fun, fast quilt to make. I want to try it with Layer cake squares next.

No comments:

Post a Comment